Photograph of 1948 class ring belonging to Selma Chervin Bell, '48.
"Lesley College is engraved around the peridot gemstone. Peridot was chosen because the color tone matches Lesley College's school color. On the left side of the ring, a griffin is engraved and on the right, a family shield - both taken from Lesley College's logo. Edith Lesley Wolfard adopted Lord Leslie Newark of Scotland's coat of arms and family shield for Lesley in 1930.
Bell did not donate the actual ring, only digital photographs of the ring are in the Lesley University Archives.
Gold ring with peridot stone; engraved on the inside of the ring, "S.R.C. '48" engraved on the inside of the ring; photographed by apacy on 5/29/09; Cannon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT; 3600 x 3364; 300 dpi; TIFF'
Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user. Copyright Owner: Lesley University; Copyright Contact: The Lesley University Archives